Wednesday, May 30, 2012

18 Minute HIIT Workout

Some of you might remember me putting on Facebook one day last week that I would "get some ab exercises in since that's the only part of my body that wasn't sore." Well what prompted that soreness was a super intense class I took the day before. It was basically 40 minutes of HIIT, super intense cardio and strength training with minimal rest. I was dripping sweat, red-faced, and soo tired after that class! It made me realize I was definitely not pushing myself nearly as hard as I could. So I decided to make my own little HIIT workout.

I didn't have alot of time to get a workout out in so I wanted something high intensity that would make me feel like I got a great workout in much less time. Remember my Pee or Get Off the Pot post...not having enough time should never be an excuse! After all, who can't find 18 minutes in their day to get in a super effective workout?

These are the exercises I did in my workout:
Jumping Jacks
Mountain Climber Jump In
Side Lunge Touchdown
Pushup to Frog Squat
Heisman Shuffle
(To do the mountain climber jump in, you do 10 counts of mountain climbers, jump your feet up to where your hands are on the ground and stand up and squeeze your glutes. Each time you bring your knee in on the mountain climber that counts as 1.)

This is how you break it down:
1 Minute- Jumping Jacks
1 Minute- Mountain Climber Jump In
1 Minute- Side Lunge Touchdown
1 Minute- Pushup to Frog Squat
1 Minute- Heisman shuffle
1 Minute- Rest

Repeat 2x

There is NO RESTING in between each exercise! It's going to get hard and it's going to hurt but just push through! You are going for as many reps as possible within each minute!

In my class last week, we did 3 more sets of 5 other exercises in addition to this, so you can imagine how intense it was! These types of workouts are very similar to those you see on the Insanity DVD's. It's all about HIIT, HIIT, HIIT! These types of workouts are the most effective and will get you great results when you pair it with good eating.

So try out this little workout and let me know what you think! Be prepared to SWEAT! :)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment