Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fast, Filling Lunch

With such an eventful weekend, I really had no time to do any grocery shopping or buy things for lunch for this next week, as I usually do on Sundays. So I decided that I would just grab some lunch somewhere on Monday. This can be a dangerous thing if you do not plan ahead. You may go to a drive-thru with every intention of getting the healthiest choice they offer, but when you pull up and see all those enticing things on the menu, it can be difficult to get excited about something healthy.

So I started my planning at home and decided I would get a Southwest Grilled Chicken salad from Jack in the Box. It is one of my very favorite salads and is so filling! I say I started my planning at the house because I know the dressing that comes with the salad has around 20 something grams of fat...what's the point in getting a salad if you are going to drown it in all that fat?! No, thank you! So I took some Fat Free Italian dressing from home and planned to use that instead. I also carried my usual apple and water.


The salad comes with lettuce, roasted corn, black beans, tomatoes, onion, cheese (which I take off), and chicken. It is so delicious!

A few of the ladies I eat lunch with get this salad regularly as well and just the other day were talking about how it seems as if you can eat and eat on this salad and it just never seems to get any smaller! I usually get tired of chewing before I actually finish it...so needless to say it's a huge, filling lunch option!

I know most of the time ALL fast food can have it's down side, whether it be a salad, burger, quesadilla etc But when you're in a crunch and it comes to ordering a Sourdough Jack or this salad, I'm pretty sure this is a WAY healthier option and something I can feel good about!

What are some of your healthy lunch options when you haven't had time to pack a lunch or go grocery shopping?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment