Monday, May 21, 2012

Breakfast Banana Split

I want you to picture yourself with one of those fancy, glass parfait bowls holding a ripe banana, with mounds of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with an array of sauces and nuts, and the perfect little cherry placed right on top...

Mmmm...Yummmm.....

Well, that sounds REALLY good but sadly, that's not what this is. :( HOWEVER, the recipe I have for you today just might be the next best thing to a traditional banana split!

In an attempt to spice up my breakfast options, I decided to try out this Breakfast Banana Split I see Bess, at Bess Be Fit, eating almost daily.

I promise there is a banana under there!

See! I told you there was! :)

Breakfast Banana Split
  • 1 medium ripe banana, peeled
  • 1/2 -3/4 cup Non-fat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
  • Honey (I used about 1/2 -1 tsp)
  • Fruit of your choice (I used about 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup grapes)
1. Take your banana and slice is down the middle lengthwise like you would for a regular banana split.
2. Pile on your Greek yogurt.
3. Drizzle honey over the yogurt and banana.
4. Add your choice of fruit.

Voila! That's it! It's so simple and so delicious! Plus you are getting lots of protein with the Greek yogurt that is sure to hold you over till lunch time!

The Skinny: The "base" of this banana split (the banana, Greek yogurt, and honey) comes to a total of about 200 calories and .5 grams of fat! The fruit you decide to put on top will determine additional calories. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment