Friday, May 25, 2012

The Fitness World is a Pleasant Place...

Since I have become an active part of the fitness world, I have been pleasantly surprised with how nice, generous, and helpful everyone has been. It's like this tight-knit community of people just wanting to see other people succeed. Who wouldn't want to be apart of something like that?

You all know about my cousin, Stewart, and how he has been sort of a mentor to me in getting me started on this new path for myself. He shared so many great tips and lots of advice to make me a better trainer and I am so grateful that he was willing to share some of his "secrets." His support means the world to me!

When I started applying for jobs in local gyms, Brian and some of the other trainers at Anytime Fitness in Forney immediately started giving me advice. I literally wasn't there even 5 minutes and they were already giving me advice, study tips, and telling me what to really focus on when preparing for my exam. They were also truly interested in my story and how I came to the decision to make this big career change. They gave me lots of inspiration and hope that I can truly make it in this field and be successful.

I met another person today that was also willing to bend over backwards for me to make sure I become the best trainer possible. Ben is a personal trainer who has really made a name for himself in the Dallas area. He generously offered to allow me to shadow him while training clients and said he would also line up some other trainers for me to shadow so I can see lots of different training styles. He offered to help me in any way possible to make sure I succeed in this industry.

The generosity and genuine interest of complete strangers wanting to make sure I succeed is something that is so new to me yet something I welcome with open arms! Although I have the best immediate supervisor in my current job who is always willing to help me and make me a better therapist, I think if I would have felt that my upper supervisors and leaders were as willing to help me, back me up, and took a true interest in making me better as all these strangers have done, I probably would not have searched for another career path. But I feel that everything happens for a reason and God sometimes seems to have plans for us that we didn't have for ourselves. Each day I am becoming more and more convinced that I am making the right decision and that this is the path I'm supposed to be on.

So I am so excited to continue cruising on through "pleasantville!" Next stop, Certification City! :)
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Good informative article. I am quite clued up on healthy eating but there were a few tips here that I didn't know about and will certainly be trying out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've found some information that can be helpful to you and your healthy lifestyle! :)

    ReplyDelete