Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Exciting News: One Step Closer to Becoming a Personal Trainer

I am so thrilled and probably wayyy too excited about the fact that I just ordered all of my study materials for the test to get my certification as a personal trainer!! Woooo hoooo!!

When I began this journey, I had no clue where or how to get started to obtain my certification. So I contacted the person I knew would have the most knowledge about all this stuff, my cousin, Stewart! He is a personal trainer and has been in the "biz" since graduating from high school. Although I know his love for working out and body building started way before that. I know this because I can vividly remember sitting at my grandmother's kitchen table with him and him asking our grandmother to serve him up some spinach because he wanted to have muscles just like Popeye! ::insert picture of this little 10 year old boy flexing here:: :P


This is my lean, mean, Popeye envying cousin! :)

He first told me about a couple of different programs through which I could get my certification. He suggested either NASM or ACSM, as they are both well-known and respected companies. I decided to go with NASM. So I've ordered my materials and CAN NOT WAIT for them to get here! Now, the countdown is on for me to take my test! I have 180 days from the day I purchase the exam (which came with the study package I bought) to take it! And since I never really liked to study, I would appreciate lots of prayers to help me do this! :) But since this is actually something I'm enthusiastic about and interested in, I'm hoping it will be alot easier!

In addition to the info on getting my certification, Stewart gave me lots of wonderful advice, great tips, and inside information about being a personal trainer! So, thank you sooo much, Stewart! Your information, abundance of knowledge and support have helped me in so many ways! :)



Pin It Now!

2 comments: