Monday, May 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Energy Bites

I don't know about you guys, but as soon as I get home from work, I'm ready for a snack! I'm usually craving something sweet, which could be dangerous and result in me completely ruining my healthy eating for the day if I decide to go for a candy bar or some sugar and fat filled sweet treat. Luckily, these wonderful little bites satisfy my sweet tooth without putting a damper on my healthy day! Plus, they are great little energy boosters to help me get through my afternoon workout.



Chocolate Chip Energy Bites (makes 16-20 balls)
  • 1 cup whole grain instant oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used PB2 to cut down on fat and calories)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix together all ingredients. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to let chill. Roll into tablespoon size balls. Enjoy!

The skinny: Each bite has approximately 50 calories and 1.5 g of fat. If you use full fat or even reduced-fat peanut butter, your calculations will be different. PB2 is extremely low in calories in fat compared to the regular peanut butter.

Be sure to store these in an air tight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for about a week!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment