Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Skinny Pita Quesadilla

And we meet again...me and my beloved Mexican food, that is. I just can't get enough of it! And luckily with recipes like this, I can eat it a lot more often and not feel a bit guilty!

So in my attempt at creating more interesting lunches, I created this yummy, light version of a cheesy quesadilla! You might remember in my Lunch Recap post that I found these Morning Star chicken patties and really liked them! I had been contemplating the idea of using the Joseph's pitas I used in my Skinny Pita Pizza recipe for a quesadilla and figured these chicken patties would be the perfect protein to put in it! This turned out so wonderfully, deliciously cheesy! And super filling!



Skinny Pita Quesadilla
  • 1 Pita (I used Joseph's brand)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup fat-free shredded cheese
  • 1 Morning Star "Chik Patties Original"
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start by microwaving the patty on a microwave safe plate following the directions on the package.
3. Next sprinkle half of the cheese on one half of the pita.
4. Cut the patty in half and place it on top of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the patty.
6. Fold over the pita and place on a baking sheet.
7. Place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until it is brown and crispy.
8. Halfway through the cooking time flip the pita over to make sure it stays folded up and both sides get brown and crispy.
I served my pita with homemade salsa and a few slices of avocado! Yummmmy!
The skinny: The whole quesadilla has approximately 255 calories and 7 grams of fat! (depending on how much cheese you use and what other things you add to the quesadilla)

Using the pita instead of a tortilla makes this a lot more hearty and if you've read all the wonderful things about the Joseph's pitas, it is a much healthier option! The fat-free cheese cuts out tons of fat and calories that I promise you won't miss!
If you are a Mexican food lover like me, or even if you aren't, you have GOT to give this recipe a try! :)


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment