Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Toned and Tight Tuesday: Point and Shoot Abs

Per the request of a frequent reader of my blog, I am giving you a great exercise to really work those obliques and your whole core! This is an exercise I call the Point and Shoot (I doubt that's the official name but it's my blog so I'll call it what I want!) :)

Point and Shoot Abs:

You are going to start by sitting on the ground, bringing your legs off the ground bent slightly until you almost have a 90 degree angle, and leaning back slightly to engage your abs.
It is important that you find that "sweet spot" to engage your abs. If you're not leaned back far enough, you won't feel it.
Extend your arms out to the right side of your legs like you're holding a gun, leaning your legs over to the left slightly.


Then take your arms up and over your legs to the left side, leaning your legs slightly to the right.
To the right and then to the left is one rep. Aim for 20 or so reps.

Don't try to go too fast! You want to maintain good form and make sure you continue to work in that "sweet spot." You should feel your abs engaged the whole time! Also, be sure to keep your legs up and off the ground the entire time!

As always, try this out and let me know how you like it! If you have an exercise you would like to see or a specific area you'd like to see an exercise for, let me know by emailing me or connecting with me on my Facebook page! I would love to know what you all would like to see or read about! :)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment