Monday, June 25, 2012

New Lunch Alert: Flat Out Wrap

As you all remember reading here and here, I've been trying to find some new lunch options. While at the grocery store the other day, near the deli section right next to the Joseph's pitas I used for my Skinny Pita Pizza and Skinny Pita Quesadilla, I found these wraps called Flat Out wraps. Similar to the Joseph's pitas, the healthy phrases caught my eye..."90 calories, high fiber, 100% whole wheat, Low fat, 0 sugar, Light." I also liked the fact that they had wraps with different "flavors" including Italian, Garden spinach, sundried tomato, and original. The Italian wraps sounded good to me so that's what I went for!


I started by spreading some spicy mustard on the wrap, laid on some lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 of an avocado diced, a Morning Star Grillers Chick'n patty cut into strips, and some homemade green salsa. I also had a salad with spring mix lettuces, grape tomatoes, and 1/4 avocado diced with fat free Italian dressing and lemon-pepper seasoning.

It turned out pretty good! The wrap had a good,fresh flavor and I got plenty of veggies with what was on the wrap and in my salad.


In my lunch recap post I introduced you all to the Morning Star Chick'n Patties. These patties I used on my wrap were different. They are supposed to be like grilled chicken patties as the others were the breaded variety. I did not like the grilled one as well. They just didn't have much flavor and it really tasted like an imitation chicken patty as where the others tasted like the real thing! I will probably eat the other 3 that came in the package just because they weren't too terrible and I hate to waste food, but I probably will not purchase that variety again.

So overall, I say yes to the flat out wraps and a no go on the grilled chicken patties! Try them out for yourself and see what you like! :)
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, you've got such great posts. After reading today's post I could only nod my head as I do know a thing or two about vegetarian "chicken." The only Morningstar farms "chicken" I could ever stand was the breaded also. The only non-breaded fake chicken that doesn't taste like rubber, in my opinion, is Quorn naked chik'n cutlet or Quorn chik'n tenders (you can google them if you're interested; they've got all their nutrition info online). It is a less common brand than Boca and Morningstar, but they keep it at my regular local grocery store, so you might be able to find it without having to go to a health food store. If you can find it, you should try it. I MUCH prefer it to any of the other fake chickens (and have had meat-eaters agree that it is the only tolerable substitute). Anyway, just thought I'd get in on the fake chicken discussion. You've got a really great blog and I always read it whenever you post. I'm hoping it will inspire me to exercise one of these days, hahaha. I know I don't keep up like at all, but I thought I'd let you know I still stalk you on facebook, and it makes me happy to see that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the sweet comments! Can you believe it's been 4 years since we were in Costa Rica?! Doesn't seem like that long ago!

    But I will definitely have to try out the Quorn "chicken!" You know I'm not much one for vegetarian dishes or alternatives so I'm always open to suggestions...please don't hesitate to share :)

    ReplyDelete