Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lunch Recap

Now that school is out and I have a lot more time to spend at home, I've decided to try and find some interesting, new, delicious lunch options! So here is a recap of a few of my lunches this past week!

While at the grocery store this past Monday, I found these Morning Star "Chicken" Patties in the freezer section. Apparently they aren't made of actual chicken but they sure do taste like it! They are called "veggie-style" patties yet still pack 8 grams of protein! These are honestly very good! The greatest part is each patty only has 140 calories and 5 grams of fat! That's WAY better than your traditional breaded chicken patty! I also made a "salad" with halved grape tomatoes, half an avocado cubed, and a little fat free italian dressing! SO YUM! And last but not least, my trusty ole apple! :)

Another day I had a packet of Starkist Tuna Creations Herb and Garlic Tuna with a chopped boiled egg mixed in. This isn't tooo inventine but by adding the boiled egg I'm getting some extra protein! I ate the tuna on reduced fat wheat thins and finished my meal off with a grapefruit! Very filling!

Wanting to find another way to use those delicious patties, I made my Skinny Pita Pizza with a little twist! I used the Joseph's pita and spaghetti sauce as usual but used fat-free cheddar and the diced up patty as my topping! I was so in love with the avocado and tomato salad I made the other day, I decided to have it again! :) I also had a half a grapefruit with this meal!

Hopefully this will give you a little inspiration to try something new or even one of these great combinations! If you try any out, let me know about it! :)




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment