Friday, June 1, 2012

June: A Month of New Beginnings

It's June already...June! Can you believe it?! Oh, how time flies!

Well, with a new month comes a new start. And it just so happens, this month I am starting something very new that is a huge step towards my dream in becoming a personal trainer!

Drum roll please...

 I was recently hired at the Anytime Fitness gym in Forney! I am so excited to start this new journey training people, bettering myself, and pursuing something I love! I'll be working part-time and will be starting sometime next week. So if you're in the area and want to become a member of a great gym or need some personal training, come see me! :)

With the coming of a new month, I've also decided to partake in something else. I recently saw on another blog where they did this thing called "Say it, Do it" at the beginning of every month. It's simple...you say what you're going to do and you do it! Sounds easy enough, right? But you don't just DO anything...you set goals for yourself and you do your best to achieve them.



So I want to share with you the goals I have for the month of June.
  • PUSH MYSELF!
    • As you may remember reading in my 18 Minute HIIT workout post, I realized I have not been pushing myself hard enough when it comes to my work outs. To see changes, you have to challenge yourself. Hence the inspiration for this post! I'm not usually ones to set goals or make out a plan but it's always easier to gauge yourself when you set goals. So in everything I do, I want to push HARD!
  • Work out 6 times a week.
    • I usually average 4 or 5 days a week but here lately, it's been hard for me to get in 6 days of working out per week. Since I will have alot more time now that school is out, I want to get into a groove and really make this happen.
  • At least 3 or 4 of those days, I want to do a workout in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    • I am bound and determined to get in the best shape possible this summer. Not just for summer but for life. I want to look and feel the best I've ever felt. One of the tips I got from my cousin and mentor, Stewart, was that the way you look is is one of the bigges selling points when it comes to being a personal trainer. I rememer a Zumba teacher having a conversation with one of my friends and she asked how much weight she has lost...the teacher replied, "that's it? If you've been doing it that long you should have lost a lot more!" Meanwhile, the Zumba teacher, who had been doing it much longer than my friend, was A LOT bigger than my friend. I've always said myself, "you can never trust a chunky trainer." 
    • I'm also a big believer in "practice what you preach." Therefore, I want to be able to do anything and everything I might ask my clients to do, and at a superior level. Working out two times a day 4 days a week might seem like a lot but I'm going for it! After all, I will have 24 hour access to an excellent gym...no excuse not to take advantage of it.
  • Go hard on the weights!
    • I do lots of body weight exercises but to get to where I want to be, I know I need to really get on the weights. And ladies, don't waste your time on the light weights and lots of reps. So many women think they will bulk up if they lift heavy weights(or take large amounts of protein)...NOT TRUE! Lighter weights and more reps only help with building endurance while heavier weights and fewer reps help build muscle, burn fat, and help to get a more defined look.
  • Eat more vegetables.
    • Since realizing I had fallen into the diet food trap, I've really upped my intake of vegetables and whole foods. But I still want more! I have no problem eating lots of fruits but vegetables aren't as easy. So I'm going to make it my mission this month to find new ways to eat vegetables and stuff myself with them.
  • Run a total of 80 miles for the month of June.
    • This is ambitious. Very ambitious. But I figured with working out two days a week for the majority of the week, this can be done.
  • Eat a grapefruit every day.
    • Grapefruit has so many health benefits, some of which you can read about here. Plus, I really like them but for some reason don't eat them as much as I do other fruits.
  • Take a multi-vitamin every day.
    • I've fallen by the way side on this one. I need to get back to taking a multi-vitamin every day. Our body needs vitamins and nutrients to perform correctly, why deprive your body of something it needs to function properly?
  • Study as much as possibe.
    • I hate studying and I'm no good at it. But I've got to start studying for the CPT exam...my job depends on it!

And that concludes the list of my major goals for June! I'm excited for everything this month will bring...not to mention, my one year anniversary with my wonderful husband, Omar! :)

Enjoy your summer and make this June the best ever!! :)


Question: What are YOUR goals for June???


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment