Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Toned and Tight Tuesday: Pushup to Frog Squat

With yesterday being a holiday, I totally almost forgot today was Toned and Tight Tuesday!! How dare I?!

So today I've got a great exercise that incorporates a little bit of cardio and strength training. It works all the muscles a traditional push up works plus your thighs and even requires a little extra work from your core!

Pushup to Frog Squat:

Start out in a plank position. Make sure your back is flat and your butt is not sticking up in the air.

Do a full push up.

Come back up to plank position.

Then keeping your hands planted on the ground, jump your feet up to the sides of your hands to a squat postition.

Jump your feet back to the starting position (plank position). That's one rep! Aim for 15-20 reps!


You are really going to feel this one in your arms and thighs! Try to jump your feet forward and backward quickly so you get some cardio action in there as well!
Enjoy!! :)

Oh, also, be sure to check back in tomorrow to see what kind of work out I did that had me red-faced and glistening like this!
Don't hate...I know I look a hot mess..literally! :P
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment