Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strawberry Protein Bites

These things are good...

I mean REAL good...

Omar heard me talking about how good it was and wanted to see if it was TRULY good or just "okay...for healthy stuff" kinda good...

He said it was TRULY good...

Lexi wanted a bite too...But I didn't give her any...that was just me again :)

:(

I truly didn't have very high hopes for these. Unfortunately, most of the other "healthy" desserts I have attempted just didn't turn out well for me. But after reading the reviews for this recipe on the Kraft website, I decided to give it a try with my own spin on it!

To me, these things are like little clouds of protein wonderfulness! They are the perfect size for an after dinner dessert or a quick snack! Plus they are so quick and easy to whip up...they only have 2 ingredients! Here's the "lengthy" recipe! :)

Strawberry Protein Bites (makes approximately 7 servings)

  • 1 3oz box of sugar free strawberry gelatin mix
  • 2 1/4 cups Greek 0% non-fat yogurt (I use Oiko's or Chobani)
1. Mix together the gelatin mix and Greek yogurt in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes. (Some say this is not necessary, that the gelatin dissolves fine without putting in the microwave. So it's up to you!)
3. Line a muffin tin with foil muffin liners.
4. Fill all the muffin liners about 3/4 full.
5. Place in the refrigerator to let them set up. Mine were set within 30-45 minutes.

I decided to top mine with crushed almonds to give it a little crunch, plus sneak in some healthy fats! You could top these with whatever you desire...fresh fruit, mini chocolate chips, light whipped cream, anything really!

You could probably really turn up the strawberry flavor even more by adding strawberry flavored yogurt or chopped or blended pieces of strawberries! And just in case you haven't been down the aisle where all the sugar free gelatin mixes are stashed, there are TONS of different flavors, so if you're not a strawberry fanatic, I'm sure you can find something you will love! I think next time I will probably try it with lime or pineapple gelatin mix! Yum!! :)

The skinny:
These little bites of protein goodness have only approximately 45 calories and 0 grams of fat! But the best thing of all, each one packs about 7 grams of protein! That's what I'm talking about!!

Let me know if you decide to try these out or discover a new delicious flavor that the rest of us should try! :)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment