Sunday, May 27, 2012

Skinny Cheesecake Singles

Oh Em Gee....Do I have a treat for you guys! These mini cheesecakes, what I call Skinny Cheesecake Singles, are sooo delicious and decadent no one will EVER guess they are greatly reduced in fat and calories!

This recipe comes from one of my favorite "skinny" websites, Skinny Taste. This site has TONS of great recipes! I would definitely recommend this site to anyone in need of more healthy meal ideas.

Ok...I can't wait any longer...let's get to the recipe!

Skinny Cheesecake Singles (original recipe here..her pictures are better too ;P)
  • 12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (I didn't have the vanilla flavored Greek yogurt so I just used my plain Chobani yogurt and added a little extra vanilla extract)
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Line your muffin tin with liners and place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each liner.
3. Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Gradually beat in the Greek yogurt, 2 egg whites, and flour.
5. Spoon the mixture into the liners filling them halfway.
6. Place them in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes until the center is almost set.
7. Let the cheesecakes cool down and then place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.

In Gina's recipe, she topped them with fresh strawberries and blueberries. I did not have either of those on hand so I just ate these babies just as I have them pictured here! You could definitely top these with any combination of fresh fruit, almonds, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips...anything really!

The skinny: Each single cheesecake has 98 calories, 4.3 grams of fat, and 3.6 grams of protein.

The only complaint I have about these is that the vanilla wafer tends to get a little soggy. Next time isntead of the vanilla wafers, I might try buying a premade reduced-fat graham cracker crust, breaking it up, and pressing it into the bottom of each liner. But really this is a minor thing! The actual cheesecake itself is so great, you probably won't even notice the wafer! :) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment