Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Shopping List

I generally like to do my grocery shopping for the week on Sunday. Sometimes I get it done on Sunday, sometimes on Mondays, sometimes not even till Tuesdays. It generally just depends on how busy of a weekend I have but this week I'm getting it done today!

I thought showing everyone what my shopping lists look like may help get your brains churning for different recipes or healthy eating ideas.

I went to the Sunflower Farmers Market this morning at the suggestion of a good friend, fellow Speech Therapist and fellow lover of living a healthy lifestyle, Ashley.

These are the things I purchased at Sunflower:
Apples
Oranges
Grapes
Kiwis
Cantaloupe
Strawberries
Baby Carrots
Tomatillos
Quinoa
Steel Cut Oats

I will be making a trip to Wal-Mart shortly and this is what I'll be purchasing there:
Broccoli
Asparagus
Fresh Corn on the Cob
Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
Jalapenos
Avocados
Onions
Edamame
Greek Yogurt
Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1% milk
Jell-O Temptations
Eggs
Tuna packets
Whole Grain Pasta
Whole Wheat Tortillas
100% Whole Grain Bread
Lean Ground Beef

I'm sure there will be a couple more items I will think of once I get there but these are my basic needs! Going to the grocery store with some sort of a plan will help keep you on track and not allow you to get distracted by the cookie or chip aisle!

Hopefully these things will give you some sort of inspiration to make some healthy meals and snacks this week! :)









Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment