Monday, July 9, 2012

Say it Do it: July

June has come and gone and now a new month with new goals is in order! But first, let's check back in on my goals from June and see how well I did!

June goals:

1. PUSH MYSELF!
  • I would have to say I did pretty well with this one! I started doing lots of new exercises and using lots of equipment that I had never used before. I did lots of interval training and really turned up the heat on it! So I say this goal was accomplished!
2. Work out 6 times a week.
  • I did this 3 out of the 4 weeks for the month of June which I am pretty proud of. It has been pretty easy fitting in a workout with the owner of the gym I work at encouraging us to use the last 45 minutes to an hour to work out before getting off. Another goal acheived!
3. At least 3 or 4 of those days, I want to do a workout in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • I didn't do as well with this one. Probably only about 2 out of the 4 weeks did I actually accomplish this. I guess that is better than nothing since working out 2 times a day is something I'm not exactly used to.
4. Go hard on the weights!
  • This goal I definitely accomplished! As I said, I added lots of new exercises and equipment to my workouts and I can totally see a difference in my body. My arms are starting to get some definition and I definitely can see a difference in my legs (the part that has been the slowest to change) I always knew weight training was important but I realized I was not pushing myself hard enough or doing enough weight training. Now the majority of my workout is spent near the muscleheads! :P
5. Eat more vegetables.
  • I think I did pretty well with this one also! Being at home more, I now have more time to prepare my food and try new things. You can read about some of my new findings here, here and here.
6. Run a total of 80 miles for the month of June.
  • This was a total fail. Only a day after making this one of my goals, I realized it was a mistake. I am not training for a race right now and am really focused on leaning out more so I knew distance running wasn't going to make it into my workout plan much. I did more HIIT training on the treadmill than actual distance running. Interval training really gets you to your optimal calorie burning level whereas moderate intensity exercises don't. So this goal was basically not even attempted. :P
7. Eat a grapefruit everyday.
  • I did pretty well with this goal! I didn't eat one EVERY day but I would say 3/4 of the days I did! Grapefruit is for sure one of my favorite fruits now!
8. Take a multivitamin daily.
  • Another goal accomplished! This is an easy one for me. I have the pills on my night stand so I just grab one before going to bed and it's done!
9. Study as much as possible.
  • A definite success! I only have two chapters left in my book! My manager was a big help by telling me to have so many pages read in so many days...I needed some structure like that! And since I'm almost done, I'm planning on taking the exam at the end of this month! :)
So basically, I would say June was a success! I may not have accomplished every goal but I am definitely in a better place than I was at the beginning of June! :)

Goals for July:

1. Try as many new exercises as possible!
  • I've already learned so many new exercises this past month but as a personal trainer, you have to think outside of the box and really come up with some interesting stuff. So I will try to learn as many as possible and share them on Toned and Tight Tuesday! :)
2. Become more comfortable with people at the gym.
  • I'm one of those people who doesn't want to feel like I'm bothering or annoying someone by going up and talking to them or asking them if they need help or asking them if they'd like to work out with me. But by doing those things, the other trainers at the gym have gotten many of their clients. I am going to have to just get over it and be more comfortable talking to everyone!
3. Continue to go hard on the weights.
  • This is a goal that I know, without a doubt, that I will accomplish. Seeing the way weight training has started to reshape my body, I can't imagine slacking off on it. Plus the feeling I get after a good weight training session or the feeling of a little soreness the next day are some feelings I truly enjoy!
4. Not let peoples comments or ignorance get to me.
  • I recently had yet ANOTHER person doubt me because of my inexperience. I took it to heart and really let it upset me. Almost to the point where I was ready to call my manager and tell him I wouldn't be coming back to work. This is really frustrating but I realize I just have to get over it. I can understand their concerns but not even giving me a fair shot is discouraging. I have to realize this is going to happen and I just have to focus on getting my client base established and just PROVE to everyone what a good trainer I am.
5. Continue to find more ways to eat vegetables.
  • I think there are so many different ways to prepare and eat vegetables that I haven't really tapped in to yet. So I'll continue to search for more ways to make vegetables delicious!
6. Sign up for another half marathon.
  • Half marathon season will be starting back up in just a couple of months and I can't wait to do another one and really rock it this time! I'm hoping to find one for September or October when it's starting to cool off!
7. Find new ways to add some intense cardio to my workouts.
  • Doing HIIT workouts on the treadmill is very effective and always leaves me feeling like I really got a great workout but it can be boring doing the same thing every workout. So I would like to try to discover some new ways to make cardio a little more exciting.
And I guess that completes my goals for now! I'm sure I'll think of something and I'll update everyone if that happens, just to keep myself accountable! :)

I would love to hear what your goals are for this month! Whatever they may be, set up a plan on how you intend to achieve those goals and go after them! You are the only thing standing in your way! :)




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment