Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Toned and Tight Tuesday: Military Press on Stability Ball

This Tuesday, I've decided to give you an exercise for an area that I don't think I've really touched on before...your shoulders! There are a few areas on my body that I've really noticed some difference since I upped my weight training regiment...my shoulder/trap muscles being one of them. So much so, that I probably need to back off of those exercises a little before my traps come up to my ears and I completely lose my neck! :P Obviously (most) women don't want their shoulders to get too big but we have to give them some love too to keep the body in proportion and keep those muscles, joints, and bones around the shoulders strong. So I give to you...

Military Press on a Stability Ball


Start by sitting on the stability ball with your arms raised to shoulder length with your palms facing inward.

Next, press the weight in your right hand upwards.

Bring it back down to the starting position.

Then alternate arms and press the weight in your left hand upwards.
Bring it back down to the starting position.

That is one rep. Go for 10-12 reps.
I prefer to do this with alternating arms but you can definitely do them simultaneously if that's what you prefer. 
I also, of course, prefer to do this sitting on a stability ball to engage my core more. But you can do this on a bench or in a chair if preferred.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment