Thursday, July 26, 2012

Race Planning

I'm so excited that race season will soon be back in full swing! I say "race season" because basically here in Texas, it is WAY too hot to be running outside after like 9 am...especially long distances! Of course there are still races going on down here but I don't really care to participate as death from a heat stroke really isn't on my agenda!

I'm super stoked to get back out there and feel the excitement and amazing accomplishment of running races! Although I haven't been running outside, I've been doing LOTS of interval training on the treadmill and doing other forms of cross training and cardio to try to stay somewhat in race shape.

So thinking ahead and wanting to plan out some races, I figured that September might be a good month to start back up as the temperatures SHOULD start to slowly work their way back down. However, if you are from Texas or even know a Texan, then I'm sure you have heard someone complain about how unpredictable the weather is...the heat is no exception in this matter. But hopefully, it won't be as miserable outside as it is right now.

So here are the races I'm planning on participating in so far...some of them are confirmed, others are not yet.

September 8-Forney Lions Club 5k(Anytime Fitness is a sponsor for this race and we will have a huge celebration at our club in honor of our expansion and 2 year anniversary!)

September 23-Heels and Hills and Him 10k (this is always an awesome race! this was the course I ran my first half marathon on)

October 6- Run for the Fun 10k @ Sea World San Antonio

December 9- MetroPCS Dallas White Rock Half Marathon

January 12- Hotcake Hustle 5k/10k

February 9-Hot Chocolate 5k/15k

This is all I have planned so far! The majority of these races I've already ran and really enjoyed them!  I would like to add in a half marathon in November just haven't found one that's caught my attention yet.

Anybody else planning out some races for the upcoming race season?! I would love to know about them! :) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment