Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lunch time!

I have many people ask me what kinds of things I eat for snacks, lunches, etc so I will be occasionally posting different meals and snacks I eat on here.

This is my lunch for today!

It includes: a packet of Lemon & Pepper tuna, reduced fat wheat thins, an apple and of course water.

Now I'm not one to eat plain tuna straight from the can. I would usually need to add low fat mayo or advocado or something to it to give it some flavor. However, these Starkist Tuna Creations are excellent! They come in different flavors and there is really no need to add anything else to them! My favorite is the sweet and spicy flavor! I eat this straight from the package with the reduced fat Wheat Thins. This whole 4.5 ounce package of tuna also packs approximately 35 grams of protein!! If you read my post on Protein and Weight Loss then you know why I am so excited about this!

As for the Wheat Thins, I counted out enough to equal exactly one portion size. I track my calories daily on the Livestrong website so I'm pretty anal about making sure I get EXACTLY what the portion size says. (I'm weird like that!)

And last but not least, my little red apple. I eat an apple EVERY day for lunch. No matter what else I'm having I always make sure I have my apple. It's full of fiber and help keeps me full for hours! And you know what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! :)

So as you can see, this is a pretty well-balanced lunch! I get plenty of protein and Omega 3's from the tuna, whole grains from the crackers, and lots of fiber from the apple. This entire meal equals to approximately 360 calories with approximately 5 grams of fat. Not bad!

What healthy meal choices are you making today?


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment